Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Black Mini Dress

Last movie I saw...

My Black Mini Dress(2011)
Directed by: Heo In-Moo

Cast:
Yoon Eun-Hye
Park Han-Byul
Cha Ye-Ryeon
Yoo In-Na

I've waited for so long to watch this film. It definitely created a big buzz this 2011 ever since the casting for the film because it will starred four known young actress. I'm personally watching this for Yoo In Na and Park Han Byul just because I find them so pretty.(lame?yeah!)

Well with all the attention for this film I got really intrigued of how the writer will designate each character to these four leads plus the screentime for each actress. However after watching the movie I find it a bit disappointing. It is probably the downside for having more than just 2 leads. Though it helps on selling the film the consequence is quality might suffer and it did on this "Sisterhood of Traveling Pants" movie-like concept.

The only thing that I like about this film aside from the actress is the intention of showing hardships for women in their early 20s. I'm 21 years old turning 22 this November and just like in the movie I'm also having difficulties adjusting with the "outside the campus" life. I'm struggling with my career, finances and even with myself. I have a lot of dreams while I'm still studying but now reality bites and it will take a lot of hardwork to reach those dreams. I don't even know what dream would I want to pursue and where will I start. Twenties for me introduced a lot of confusion, I'm in a critical stage where any wrong move can ruin my future.

And by producing a film that will show how it feels to be a twenty something girl, I appreciate it. If they were only able to write a better script then this film will be a hit instead of a miss for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment