Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sugar And Spice

Last movie I saw...

Sugar & Spice (2001)
Directed by: Francine McDougall

Cast:
James Marsden
Marley Shelton
Mena Suvari
Melissa George
Rachel Blanchard
Alexandra Holden
Sara Marsh
Marla Sokoloff

"You know, even the most beautiful flowers still grow from dirt. And we may be knee-deep in it right now, but we're gonna grow strong from this."- Diane

I was actually going to rate it with 3 star, but settled for 4 instead. I know that there are critics who think that it has a shallow plot in which I don't contest, but I'd like to give them credit for meeting their intention. I guess that is to entertain.

There's nothing special with any of the film's technical aspects, nor with it's story, but I did enjoy it a lot. I seriously do. If you just want to have a good laugh(you'll have tons if it), then this is the right film to see. It has no double meaning, no complicated twist or trivial storyline, but just a straightforward humor with full of wit.

No comments:

Post a Comment