Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bachelorette

Last movie I saw...

Bachelorette (2012)
Directed by: Leslye Headland

Cast:
James Marsden
Kyle Bornheimer
Adam Scott
Kirsten Dunst
Isla Fisher
Lizzy Caplan
Rebel Wilson

"Shut up! I hate you! And I hate you! I'm gonna walk in wearing my pajamas like I'm Michael Jackson."- Becky

It's a shame that I was not really aware of the existence of this hilarious film. I discovered this movie while doing research on Rebel Wilson whom I find irresistibly funny from Pitch Perfect. I was so surprised that Kirsten Dunst, one of my favorite actresses, released a film without me ever knowing until today. The setting is not at all extraordinary, but very entertaining. I enjoyed the actresses, but forget the actors. And even though I don't know much about Lizzy Caplan(this is her first film that I'd ever seen), I find her extremely pretty, and her acting was decent enough. I think she's one of the stars to look out for the following years(crossing my fingers!). I also did not expect Kirsten Dunst, and Isla Fisher to pull off this kind of role, especially with Isla Fisher. Her acting as a stoned dumb-ass is very much convincing which has like a mix of her character from Confessions of A Shopaholic.

There's nothing much to say in terms of technicalities such a cinematography and musical scoring. It's pretty average, but regardless, I enjoyed the exchange of lines, and the shallow plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment