Monday, January 21, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook

Last movie I saw...

Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
Directed by: David O. Russell

Cast:
Bradley Cooper
Jennifer Lawrence

"I do this! Time after time after time! I do all this shit for other people! And then I wake up and I'm empty! I have nothing!"-Tiffany

Someone from work introduced this film, and I got really intrigued to watch it, especially because Jennifer Lawrence is in it. I just can't miss a film of one of my favorite actresses. Yes, that is so wrong.

I had no idea on what "silver lining" means till I did my research.(haha) It actually came from the saying "Every cloud has a silver lining" which translates to "Good things in bad situations".(Hmm interesting) I also read some trivia with Anne Hathaway, Mark Wahlberg, and other stars such as Angelina Jolie who were considered for the lead roles.(impressive list!) I never imagined that the pre- production of this film would involve such names, because it only means that the people involved with the production are good, maybe even great with this craft.

I thought that this film would really bore me, but it didn't. Somehow it reminds me of Lars and the Real Girl, maybe it's the way that the story bites you unexpectedly.

I'm also so surprised, and deeply impressed with Bradley Cooper. Before his nothing to me, but one of the funny good looking actors from Hangover, but this film change it. Now, he's the great actor from one of the best films of 2012 who portrayed a mentally ill character that doesn't only look but also feels so real. It's given that Jennifer Lawrence is a great actress, but its another thing to see an actor who didn't impress you to be this good.(major improvement!)

I'm so in love with the story. The writer deserves a trip to Europe, all expense paid, because this is an award winning story. I like the insights about one's self, relationships(be it friendly or romantic), and family ties. I like the music scoring which I think really suits the feel of the plot. Cinematography is as interesting as the shots. Overall, this is a film that every human must see.

No comments:

Post a Comment