Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Last movie I saw...

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
Directed by: Stephen Chbosky

Cast:
Logan Lerman
Ezra Miller
Emma Watson

"You can't just sit there and put everybody's lives ahead of yours and think it counts as love."- Sam

Just what I needed. I'm actually feeling a bit lonely for some unknown reason, or might have been experiencing SAD, short for Seasonal Affective Disorder. haha. But I feel a lot better now after seeing this film. There's just so much greatness with the story about life, relationships, and individuality that you can't stop, but to feel positive about everything. Anyway, I'd read The Perks of Being a Wallflower last year even before the movie adaptation was publicized, and I was such a loser to put off seeing this film for this long. tsk.

This film adaptation exceeded my initial expectation but not because of the usual "the novel is better than the film" drama because they are two different medium in the first place, and comparing them isn't fair. Well going back, I was a bit disappointed at first with the adaptation simply because I'm not really in favor of Logan Lerman as Charlie. Well, if not because of Emma Watson, and of course Nina Dobrev, I wouldn't look forward on seeing this film. But I was wrong, and I just fell in love with Logan Lerman's portrayal. I'm especially into his voice..oh I love hearing him deliver his lines. haha. The rest of the cast were as good as Lerman, though I agree with other reviews that Ezra Miller's performance is the best among the cast. I'm also satisfied with the film's soundtrack which also plays a big part on the novel which makes me think that we're really infinite.

No comments:

Post a Comment